DUE MONDAY 11/14
Read to page 156 in Haroun and the Sea of Stories. As you read, answer the following questions with as much detail as possible. You do NOT need to copy the questions, just be sure to answer them in FULL SENTENCES.
If you want to print out the worksheet version of the questions below, you can do so by clicking right HERE.
1. What new information do we learn from Mudra’s “speech”?
2. What kind of "terrible trouble" has Khattam-Shud created among shadows? How?
3. Write a characterization statement for Mudra (use an adjective!), then bullet-point STEAL evidence in support of your judgement about Mudra.
4. What epiphany does Haroun come to on page 137? What stage of the Hero’s Journey does it represent for him?
5. The Old Zone has been terribly neglected - describe what it looks like now.
6. What happens to Iff’s slipper? Why is it significant?
7. What happens to Butt the Hoopoe?
8. What are some distinguishing characteristics of the Dark Ship?
9. What is surprising and/or interesting about Khattam-Shud’s appearance? Who does he remind Haroun of?
10. Summarize Khattam-Shud’s opinion of stories’ effect on people. Remember, this novel is an allegory. What person or ideas might Khattam-Shud's character represent or connect to?
In addition, your third TE/EA paragraph on theme is also due Monday 11/14. Further details on the paragraph are in the image below:
This is where you can find all of the homework assignments for the year.
I am your ELA teacher!